If you're coming via Surfside, Tx, take the Blue Water Highway (CR 257) to San Luis Pass, about 13.5 miles. Do not cross the toll bridge to Galveston; the San Luis Pass Park is on the left immediately before the bridge.
Hazards: Cold weather and water, some boat traffic, sting rays, oyster reefs. Slight chance of bears, rattlesnakes, and tarantulas. Be sure to bring lunch, lots of water, a spare set of dry clothes and good sun protection. Water temperatures are still warm. We'll stop for lunch on a shell beach or island. It's helpful to get a lay of the land on Google Earth ahead of time.
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
Lat - lon of the put-in is 29° 4.807'N, 95° 7.566'W
This is our aspirational paddling route, probably counterclockwise.
Note that the red dot below will not be visible on the ground. It is made of a special material that can only be seen from space.
|Paddles Wet at
|Emergency Phone #s
|911 and 409-267-3041 Chambers County Park
|Latest Expected Return
|Auto Description/Lic #
|Teal Honda CRV FWC 6215
|Distance from Houston
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants in ACA-insured activities must wear properly-fitting U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets (Personal Flotation Devices, or PFDs) at all times during on-water activities. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “email@example.com” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us as a non-member. If you are not an ACA member, we will ask you to cover the $10 non-member insurance fee that ACA charges us. We hope you'll enjoy the trip and decide to join the club and continue paddling with us. Club members do not pay any trip fees.