Demo Day on the Bay 9:30a - 1p
(including a sampling of kayaks, paddles, sprayskirts)
Skills and Play 1:30 to 6:00p
Shrimp Boil 6:30p to 8:30p (and on)
with chef (and HASK president) Chris/hosted by RiverCoast on behalf of ACA and HASK
Demo Day on the Bay follows HASK's popular Annual Picnic but, this time, on the bay. Building on what we learned at the Picnic, we will again get to try out other boats and paddles with a focus on HASK's intermediate and above paddlers.
Again, bring your kayak and gear and get on the water. Demo other boats and paddles. Bring used gear to sell and/or buy needed gear and equipment. Enjoy food with other paddlers and visit awhile at the Bay House next to the water.
In addition, RiverCoast will have demo boats from the Pilgrim, Romany, and Explorer lineup including the new Latitude design. We also have Celtic, Lendal, and Werner paddles to compare and try out. The boat ramp across the street allows for easy access to Level 1, 2, and possibly above paddling venues.
To respect our neighbors, please unload quietly and park next door at the Treasure Island Municipal Building. (No parking on street or grass, please.) Both outdoor shower and boat wash hose are available for use. We can use the boat ramp cater corner across the street.
The bay house provides outdoor showers and boat/gear washing hoses. If you don't want to drive home, some folks will be camping on the beach. On a first come first serve basis, three bedrooms are available for rent from Lynne at this house at her cost (about $100 each room). (Lynne & Paula has rented a second house for their families nearby.) See house details at https://www.979vacationrentals.com/property/hideawayhut.
Lynne and Paula plan to be at a nearby house all week. Contact Lynne if you would like to join the scouting mission (or play in the waves (Level 3 daylight hours) at San Luis Pass).
Waivers and Guests
- Everyone will need to have signed a HASK/ACA waiver. Your annual waiver is sufficient. If yours is not up to date or if you are a guest, please use the waiver links below. We will need everyone to check in on arrival for waiver and attendance.
- Members are welcome to bring guests (maximum of 4), paddler or not, but event is not open to the general public. Children are welcome with a HASK/ACA waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Sign-up your guests by selecting Add Companion/Guest when registering. You can add guests after registration by selecting Register Now. You will see a message "You are already registered for this event". Select Registrant Type "Not attending or Already Registered". Then add your guests. If you have difficulty with this, please email Bill Ohsie with name, address, and email address of your guest(s) and we will will register them to receive any additional picnic communications.
- HASK will provide complimentary ACA event membership if guest is not a member of the ACA. ($5 value).
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants in ACA-insured activities must wear properly-fitting U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets (Personal Flotation Devices, or PFDs) at all times during on-water activities. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.