HASK SPRING PICNIC
Saturday June 5 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
(Rain Day Sunday June 6)
Registration is OPEN!!
HASK members, please register yourself and guests on the HASK Website. Invite friends who might be interested in paddling with HASK to join us at the picnic! Non-HASK members are very welcome as guests and should register through Tami Grubb.
Bring your kayak and gear and get on the water. Demo other boats, both new and used. AND... Lynne Andrus, the new NDK dealer in Texas, will be demoing new boats! Bring used gear to sell and/or buy needed gear and equipment. Enjoy food with other paddlers and visit awhile. Take a walk along the lake and across the footbridge. Enjoy the hospitality (and restrooms) of the Marriott. Picnic games!!
GETTING THERE IS EASY! Go out the Southwest Freeway toward Sugar Land, exit onto Texas Highway 6, turn right, go 1/2 mile and turn right onto Flour Daniels Dr., cross over Brooks Lake, turn right onto Creek Bend Dr., and follow it 1/3 mile around, turn left at the Hyatt and continue on to the adjacent Courtyard by Marriott.
The Courtyard Marriott - note the RESTROOMS ARE INSIDE!
The put-in EASY!!!!!
- No entry fee, free parking.
- Lunch will be served from 12:00-1:00. As this is a social time we want everyone to enjoy, HASK requests that all paddlers are off the water for this hour.
- HASK will supply a main dish. Please bring a side dish or snack to share or bring your own lunch and snacks and eat at your leisure.
- You are welcome to share what you brought.
- HASK will provide water and flavored sparking water.
- Please bring additional beverages of your choice. No alcohol and no glass containers are permitted in the facility.
Volunteers are requested for setup, registration, monitoring on-water activity, general help, and lunch. If you want to volunteer , please contact one of the event leaders.
HASK Picnic Setting:
- There will be good bathroom facilities available at the site.
- Please bring your own chairs.
- Additional chairs, folding tables, and shade tents are welcomed.
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and appropriate clothing for the weather and your activities.
- Paddle in the lake and walk along and around it and across the footbridge!
- Bring your kayaks and gear for others to try at the Kayak Demo! Demo kayaks and gear will be placed on the bank. If you do not want your kayak and gear used by others, please do not leave it unattended on the bank. There will be more info at the picnic. Tag all your gear with your name.
- There will be games available, like ladder ball, bean bag toss, etc. Feel free to bring your own.
- Gear swap and sell: We will have a designated area for selling and swapping gear. Please clearly mark all items for sale with your name and requested price. If you are looking for particular gear, you might want to ask if anyone can bring it to the picnic through the HASK site.
Waivers and Guests
- Everyone will need to have signed a HASK/ACA waiver. Your annual waiver is sufficient. If yours is not up to date or if you are a guest, please use the waiver links below. We will need everyone to check in on arrival for waiver and attendance.
- Members are welcome to bring guests (maximum of 4), paddler or not, but event is not open to the general public. Children are welcome with a HASK/ACA waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Sign-up your guests by selecting Add Companion/Guest when registering. You can add guests after registration by selecting Register Now. You will see a message "You are already registered for this event". Select Registrant Type "Not attending or Already Registered". Then add your guests. If you have difficulty with this, please email Bill Ohsie with name, address, and email address of your guest(s) and we will will register them to receive any additional picnic communications.
- HASK will provide complimentary ACA event membership if guest is not a member of the ACA. ($5 value).
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants in ACA-insured activities must wear properly-fitting U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets (Personal Flotation Devices, or PFDs) at all times during on-water activities. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “email@example.com” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.