HASK SPRING PICNIC
Saturday April 7 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
(Rain Day Sunday April 8)
Bring your family and friends and join us for the annual HASK picnic! We will explore a new venue this year - Twin Lakes RV Resort. Come for fun, food, paddling, and swimming with HASK friends! This is also a great opportunity to try out kayaks and talk with other paddlers about kayaks, equipment, and paddling adventures near and far.
Registration: HASK members, please register yourself and guests on the HASK Website. Invite friends who might be interested in paddling with HASK to join us at the picnic! Non-HASK members are very welcome as guests and should register through Stephanie Shipp (above).
Location: Twin Lakes RV Resort, 19400 Highway 6 (between 288 and 35). Entrance Latitude/Longitude: 29.472654, -95.372583. Pavilions 13 and 14 (southeast corner).
- Entrance to the lake is $5.00 CASH ONLY per person
- Lunch will be served from 12:00-1:00. As this is a social time we want everyone to enjoy, HASK requests that all paddlers are off the water for this hour.
- The club will provide hot sliced BBQ brisket, buns, pickles, and sauce, as well as dessert.
- Please bring a side or salad or appetizer.
- HASK will provide bottled water; please bring additional beverages of your choice. No alcohol and no glass containers are permitted in the facility.
Volunteers are needed for setup, registration, general help, and lunch. Instructions will be sent to members in an email.
HASK Picnic Setting:
- Clean porta-potties are available at the picnic site, as is a small changing booth.
- HASK has reserved two covered pavilions (#13 and #14) that have two picnic tables each. Additional picnic tables - unshaded - are available in close proximity.
- Additional chairs, tables, and shade tents are welcomed.
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and appropriate clothing for the weather and your activities.
- Paddle and swim in the lake! The park also has volleyball and fishing.
- Bring your kayaks and gear for others to try at the Kayak Demo! Demo kayaks and gear will be placed on the bank; if you do not want your kayak and gear used by others, please do not leave it unattended on the bank. There will be more info at the picnic.
- Gear swap and sell: We will have a designated area for selling and swapping gear. Please clearly mark all items for sale with your name and requested price. If you are looking for particular gear, you might want to ask if anyone can bring it to the picnic through the HASK site.
Waivers and Guests
- Everyone will need to have signed a HASK/ACA waiver. Your annual waiver is sufficient. If yours is not up to date or if you are a guest, please use the waiver links below. We will need everyone to check in on arrival for waiver and attendance.
- Members are welcome to bring guests (maximum of 4), paddler or not, but event is not open to the general public. Children are welcome with a HASK/ACA waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Sign-up your guests by selecting Add Companion/Guest when registering. You can add guests after registration by selecting Register Now. You will see a message "You are already registered for this event". Select Registrant Type "Not attending or Already Registered". Then add your guests. If you have difficulty with this, please email Cynthia Wisener with name, address, and email address of your guest(s) and we will will register them to receive any additional picnic communications.
- HASK will provide complimentary ACA event membership if guest is not a member of the ACA. ($5 value).
About Twin Lakes RV Park:
- The park is home to a 31-acre aquifer-fed lake system that supports paddling, swimming, diving, fishing, and picnicking (no motorized boats allowed). It also is an RV park, and hosts several mobile homes around its entrance and one lake edge. For more information about park features and rules, please visit: http://twinlakesrvscubapark.com/park-features/
- Our paddling area is in the southeast corner of the larger lake and includes two pavilions (#13 and 14), a changing station, port-a-potty, and two grills. While the banks are slightly steep from the picnic area to the water’s edge, they provide a location to keep kayaks on the lake shore. Cement stairs extend from the picnic area to the lake edge. Two low-floating docks are attached to the shore next to the HASK sites.
- Water analysis testing is conducted quarterly to ensure water safety.
Register soon and give us your feedback about the site, menu and event!
Email the Event Contact above for registration help.
See you at the picnic!
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.