Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Clear Creek From Walter Hall Park
Sunday, March 4, 2018, 10:30 AM until 3:00 PM
HASK Paddle Trip
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants must wear a PFD. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver. See all rules at the bottom of this page.
Notify the event contact/trip leader by text, email or phone call if you must cancel.
We will meet at Walter Hall Park at 10:30 am and launch at 11:00. We will paddle up the bayou past Challenger Park, take a break at Countryside Park at Bay Area Blvd and then return. This is about a 9 mile paddle and a level 1-2 trip depending on wind.
Hazards -- Pilings, boat traffic, fire ants. We will try to avoid hazards. Most importantly, bring plenty of water, A DRY BAG WITH SPARE CLOTHING (NO COTTON) sun protection and snacks.
Lat - lon of the put-in is 29° 30.693'N, 95° 6.208'W
|Ready to Launch at
|Emergency Initiator (Level 3 & 4)
|Emergency Phone #s
||Galveston Coast Guard409-766-5633
|Latest Expected Return
|Auto Description/Lic #
||Red Subaru Outback - TX BCX5482
|Distance from Houston
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.