We will meet at 8:30 to paddle at 9:00 on a westerly cove on Lake Conroe, away from the main lake. There will be a Level 2 paddle with some fishermen and shallow water.Pace will be moderate (~3 mph), neither a lollygag nor a sprint, in order to finish up reasonably early. There are good rest room facilities near the put-in. There is a $5 per car day use fee.
Driving Directions - From downtown Houston, take I-45 north 47 miles to Exit 94, FM 1097 at Willis. Take FM 1097 8.5 miles west, crossing Lake Conroe. Turn right on Scott's Ridge Road and drive to the boat ramp at the end. Stop and pay your $5 per car entry fee. It's about 60 miles from downtown Houston in all. Bring a lunch, plenty of water, sunscreen and sun protection. Lat-lon of put-in: 30° 27.215'N, 95° 37.816'W
Hazards -- The usual southeast Texas snakes, fire ants, mosquitos, wasps, killer rabbits, broken bottles, power boats, slippery boat ramps can be expected among others, both expected and unexpected. Wear good closed-toe footwear for submerged debris and to protect your pedicure.
Water is till cold (60-ish). Be sure to dress for possible immersion and carry spare dry clothing in your boat. Wear no cotton on the water.
|Ready to Launch at
|Emergency Phone #s
|Latest Expected Return
|Auto Description/Lic #
||Teal green Honda CRV FWC 6215
|Distance from Houston
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.