Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Eckert Bayou / Dalehite Cove / West Galveston Bay
January 27, 2018, 11:30 AM until 4:00 PM
11-Mile Rd / Settegast Rd Put-In
13300 Settegast Rd
Galveston, TX, TX 77554
HASK Paddle Trip
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants must wear a PFD. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver. See all rules at the bottom of this page.
Registrants & Fees
This is combo event, supporting Artist Boat new facility grand opening and 11 miles on the bay. Optional dinner afterwards
Hazards -- Sunburn, windburn, cold air, colder water, bottom-scraping oysters, pilings, boat traffic, jellyfish, stingrays, (no fire ants). We will try to avoid hazards. Most importantly, bring water, face protection, warm change of non-cotton clothes, soup and snacks.
||2 with potential to be a level 3 trip depending on conditions
|Ready to Launch at
|Emergency Initiator (Level 3 & 4)
|Emergency Phone #s
||Galveston Coast Guard 409-766-5633
|Latest Expected Return
|| 4:00 pm
|Auto Description/Lic #
||Dark Blue Ford: Lic: DWP 2182
|Distance from Houston
||About 90 minutes
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.