Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Eckert Bayou / Dalehite Cove / West Galveston Bay
Saturday, January 27, 2018, 11:30 AM until 4:00 PM
11-Mile Rd / Settegast Rd Put-In
13300 Settegast Rd
Galveston, TX, TX 77554
HASK Paddle Trip
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants must wear a PFD. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver. See all rules at the bottom of this page.
Registrants & Fees
This is combo event, supporting Artist Boat new facility grand opening and 11 miles on the bay. Optional dinner afterwards
Hazards -- Sunburn, windburn, cold air, colder water, bottom-scraping oysters, pilings, boat traffic, jellyfish, stingrays, (no fire ants). We will try to avoid hazards. Most importantly, bring water, face protection, warm change of non-cotton clothes, soup and snacks.
||2 with potential to be a level 3 trip depending on conditions
|Ready to Launch at
|Emergency Initiator (Level 3 & 4)
|Emergency Phone #s
||Galveston Coast Guard 409-766-5633
|Latest Expected Return
|| 4:00 pm
|Auto Description/Lic #
||Dark Blue Ford: Lic: DWP 2182
|Distance from Houston
||About 90 minutes
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “email@example.com” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.