Trip Description: Let's get out on the water for a leisurely paddle on Armand Bayou. We will launch from Bay Area Park and paddle north, into the upper reaches of the bayou. Our serpentine path north is bordered by a lush, verdant landscape, providing home to alligators, turtles, and numerous bird species. A lazy gator and a few turtles are usually visible on this stretch of bayou.
This is a level 1 paddle unless it is windy, and that is usually sporadic due to the turns of the bayou. Upon returning to the put-in at Bay Area Park, some may wish to take a break and then continue to paddle further, or meet up at a nearby restaurant for lunch.
Be sure to bring plenty of water, sunscreen, insect repellent, and snack if desired (or lunch if you choose) .
Directions: Click the Map quest link for map. From Houston take I-45 south toward Galveston, exit on to Bay Area Blvd, take a left and travel 5.6 miles east to Bay Area Park.
Plan to arrive in the Park by 0900 so we can be on the water by 0930.
Hazards: Stumps, alligators, heat, dehydration, snakes, mosquitoes, wasps, thunderstorms, alien life forms . . . .
|| Paul Penning
| Trip Rating*
|| 1 or 2 depending on wind
| Ready to Launch at
|| 9:30 AM
| Duration (hours)
||2.5 + hours
| Paddling Miles
|| ~ 6 miles
| Emergency Initiator
| Emergency Phone #s
|| 713-477-1221, Pasadena Police
| Latest Expected Return
|| 2:00 PM
| Auto Description/Lic #
||bronze Subaru forester, FGM4959
| Distance from Houston
|| Approx 28 miles
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.