THE boat ramp at 61st street has re-opened and is now called Lee and Joe Jamail Bay Park! This trip is a different view of familiar Galveston Island, passing by Offat's Bayou, the paddlewheeler, Galveston's airport, and Moody Gardens, some marshland, and a ferocious oyster reef. Water is sometimes semi-clear and if conditions permit, we will circle the Bird Islands (no landing). Be prepared to be IN your boat for 2 hours without getting out.
Lat-lon of put-in: 29° 8.704'N, 95° 2.794'W
Hazards -- Sunburn, dehydration, bottom-scraping oysters, pilings, boat traffic, thunderstorms, jellyfish, stingrays, fire ants, mosquitos, and/or fishhooks may bite you in the butt. We will try to avoid hazards. Most importantly, bring plenty of water , sun protection and snacks.
||2 with potential to be a level 3 trip depending on conditions
|Ready to Launch at
||8 - 12
|Emergency Initiator (Level 3 & 4)
|Emergency Phone #s
||Galveston Coast Guard 409-766-5633
Galveston Sheriff 409-766-2322
|Latest Expected Return
|Auto Description/Lic #
|Distance from Houston
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.