This is pretty park for camping and activities will include:
1. car camping Friday and/or Saturday nights on or near the lakeshore at Texana Park & Campground, formerly Lake Texana State Park.
2. Saturday day paddle at Sandy Creek led by Bill Ohsie and Carl Kuhnen.
3. Sunday day paddle on Mustang Creek led by Bill Ohsie.
Register separately on the Event Calendar for activities 2, 3, and 4.
Register as early as you can on the calendar for camping and let me know by email which night(s) you are camping. I have reserved three lakefront campsites in my name, numbered 77 (Bill Ohsie is one occupant), 78 and 80. The campsites are $25 per night. These sites will have electricity and water but not sewer hookups. They can each accommodate three tents or an RV. If you want full hookups or a site by yourself, register on your own by calling 361-782-5718. Check-in time is 2:00 PM and check-out time is 1:00 PM. I will collect payments at the park.
Don't use the information on the TPWD website because the park is now run by the Lavaca-Navidad River Authority.
Keep an eye on this space for information updates.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.