Based on a club survey last month, I've contracted the entire accommodations at LaPaz Bed and Breakfast.
We'll have a luxurious weekend in East Texas. We will probably have the river to ourselves while kayaking. Group evening dinners can be organized at the log cabin on the property. The weekend fee is $150 (give or take a few bucks.) I have paid for the entire weekend. payment due by March 1. Mail to Chris at 2422 Brookdale Dr. Kingwood, TX 77339
Kayak Lake Sam Rayburn on Friday 3/31, take a nice long river trip Saturday on the Angelina and Neches River. Fancy breakfast each day!
photo used with permission
Trip Leader Chris Arceneaux
Trip Assistants Carl Kuhnen, Bill Ohsie
Trip Rating 2-3 (2 on the rivers, 2 on the lake with ideal weather conditions)
Ready to Launch at 9:30 a.m.
Duration TBD (~5 Hours each paddle trip)
Paddling miles TBD 11-5 depending on routes
Emergency Phone #s
Latest Expected Return off the water by 2 PMSunday
Auto Description Blue Explorer
Distance from Houston 140 miles, about two and a half hours from downtown
Hazards Hypothermia, getting accustomed to the good life...
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather conditions.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “email@example.com” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.