Participants may camp Friday or Saturday night or both. This can be a day trip from Houston. This trip leader is planning on camping both Friday & Saturday night. The primary paddle on Saturday is really a level 2
Level 2 - Paddling on sheltered water, rivers, bayous, and lakes within 1/2 mile of shore. Paddlers may encounter waves 1 foot or less and current up to 1 knot. To participate you should be able to paddle in 12 knot winds, and should be familiar with at least one partner rescue. You must be able to perform a wet exit.
We are paddling Inland lakes. We are mostly 1/2 mile from any shoreline. No currents where we are. Winds are predicted to be moderate to mild 14 NNE in the morning falling off to 10 NNE in the afternoon. None of our routes involves prolonged exposure to a NNE fetch.
I had a Level 4 just to be official for Friday if the northerly winds were in our favor for a Gulf paddle. I won't stop the gun-ho paddlers from hitting the gulf on Friday late afternoon. Chris
Paddle the Gulf (winds permitting) or on Keith Lake on Friday. Close out with a Mardi Gras paddle on Taylor Bayou from the Pine Tree Lodge. We'll make a non-shuttle trip from the lodge and come back for lunch there. Directions in the links below.
Trip Leader Chris Arceneaux
Trip Assistants Pending
Trip Rating 2 and a 4 (to be explained)
Ready to Launch at 9:30 a.m.
Duration TBD (~5 Hours each paddle trip)
Paddling miles TBD 11-5 depending on routes
Emergency Phone #s
Latest Expected Return off the water by 3 PMSunday
Auto Description Blue Explorer
Distance from Houston 125 miles, about two hours
Hazards Hypothermia, snakes, insects, dehydration, lake chop. Remember sun protection, water, and good footwear.
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather conditions.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. Every participant must wear a PFD.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.